MLB: All-Star Honorable Mentions

Alex Keller knows his way around the diamond and the rift! Come discuss with him!
k1llerkeller

MLB: All-Star Honorable Mentions

Postby k1llerkeller » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:35 pm

I wanted to start off my forums with a discussion that a lot of people have their own opinions on. The All-Star rosters came out a few days ago, and naturally everybody has their opinions in who should be in and who should not have made it. Usually these unlucky guys are referred to as "snubs," but I'm going to go with the more upbeat term and call these guys "honorable mentions." In the NL, my top position player that I think could have made it into the ASG is Nolan Arenado. I get the feeling the one stat that kept this guy off of the radar for most voters: team wins. Arenado plays for a very bad Rockies team, however, he has more RBIs, a higher BA, only two less homers, and is just .008 back in the OBP column of starter Kris Bryant. This isn't to say that Bryant doesn't deserve his spot on the All-Star team, but I certainly believe that Arenado also deserves to be on the roster with his performance this year.

Who do you guys see as being snubbed out of the All-Star Game this year? He can be from any team in either League.
Robert Hanes

Re: MLB: All-Star Honorable Mentions

Postby Robert Hanes » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:44 pm

I think honestly almost every person in the final vote was a snub. I think Trevor Story, Starling Marte, and to a lesser degree Michael Saunders are all worthy All Stars and at best 2 of them get in. This is why I personally hate the fan vote.
timmyymiller

Postby timmyymiller » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Fan votes are stupid. It's all about who participates more, not so much about who deserves it more. It's too bad small market teams don't get as much love as they should.
k1llerkeller

Postby k1llerkeller » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Doesn't help that the fan vote starts in, what, the last week of April or something? Guys (like Bryce Harper) can rack up a ton of votes for having a really hot start and then being mediocre by the time the ASG finally rolls around. I think Harper would make it due to his popularity within the MLB anyways, but aside from his April he really didn't look like an All-Star in my opinion.
michaelsullivan

Postby michaelsullivan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 am

Bryce did have such a hot start to the season. One difficult thing to produce in baseball is consistency. It seems like both players and teams will have their slumps.

Return to “Keller's Kage”