Honest Question

Eric and Nick talk about the old and the new of the Pittsburgh Steelers, one of the NFL's most successful franchises.
Robert Hanes

Honest Question

Postby Robert Hanes » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:12 pm

While I am a Bengals fan, I do respect the talent that Pittsburgh has, not much else, but, I digress. What do you see their record being this year and why?
nick_ditullio

Re: Honest Question

Postby nick_ditullio » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Barring serious injuries I see a 12-4 record this year. Coming off 11-5 and 10-6 seasons while continuing to add talent makes me feel confident that this record is attainable.
vanbenep

Postby vanbenep » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:37 pm

The steelers are in an interesting position right now. Their QB still looks like he's in his prime, they have the most explosive trio in football when they're on the field and the D showed signs of improvement last year when it came to coming through in the clutch. I believe 12-4 with winner of the NE game as the decider on home field advantage. Ben is only 3-6 vs the patriots but the game will be at Heinz field. The most interesting things to watch for: can the secondary come together and who will emerge as the #2 WR with Bryant gone (and I don't think it's Wheaton)
Robert Hanes

Postby Robert Hanes » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Do you think Ladarius Green will be able to fill the void left by Heath?
nick_ditullio

Postby nick_ditullio » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 am

That's an interesting thing to consider since they're totally different players. Heath Miller is the guy you'd throw to when you needed 5 yards no matter what. He probably wouldn't break a tackle or get much more than that, but 9 times out of 10 you'd get the yards. That's the kind of thing that got Ben Roethlisberger to submit Heath as his team MVP vote every season.

Green is more athletic. Maybe not as solid as a blocker or able to get those needed yards on a consistent basis, but he'll have a better chance to make big plays since he's a more athletic tight end, at least in my opinion.

Long story short, yes, I do believe he will fill the hole left by Miller, but he'll do it in his own way and style. Honestly, that's fine with me since there's only one HEEEEEEEEATH!!!
nick_ditullio

Postby nick_ditullio » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:59 am

That's an interesting thing to consider since they're totally different players. Heath Miller is the guy you'd throw to when you needed 5 yards no matter what. He probably wouldn't break a tackle or get much more than that, but 9 times out of 10 you'd get the yards. That's the kind of thing that got Ben Roethlisberger to submit Heath as his team MVP vote every season.

Green is more athletic. Maybe not as solid as a blocker or able to get those needed yards on a consistent basis, but he'll have a better chance to make big plays since he's a more athletic tight end, at least in my opinion.

Long story short, yes, I do believe he will fill the hole left by Miller, but he'll do it in his own way and style. Honestly, that's fine with me since there's only one HEEEEEEEEATH!!!

Return to “Steelers Country Weekly”