Cut playoffs in half?

Ankles will break, shots will be made, and dunks will posterize players forever. Come talk NBA here!
Dylan Streibig

Cut playoffs in half?

Postby Dylan Streibig » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:09 am

Brace yourself! The football guy is asking a basketball question! One of the reasons I just cannot get into the NBA until about late May is that 16/30 teams make the playoffs. I know is isn't changing b/c of TV $$$, but does anyone else think it hurts the sport? Several playoff teams were below .500 last year. I feel the playoffs should be a reward for being good/great, not a reward for not being terrible. I would be a lot more dialed in to the NBA if it were cut down to 4-6 playoff teams in each conference. Anyone else agree or like the current system?
Joe DiTullio

Re: Cut playoffs in half?

Postby Joe DiTullio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I wouldn't mind keeping the system but adding two teams to the league, making half of the teams make the playoffs. The fact that more than half the league gets in is kind of ridiculous.
Dylan Streibig

Postby Dylan Streibig » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:09 pm

So we at least partly agree. The expansion angle is interesting. Do you know if the NBA is looking to expand?
Joe DiTullio

Postby Joe DiTullio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:28 pm

No word on that. A lot of people think the league is diluted, but most sports leagues are more diluted because of expansion.

Return to “NBA”