Pre-Season Top 5

Is March your favorite month? Do you love its, Madness? Then come chat here, all things College Basketball!
Jazz Hands

Re: Pre-Season Top 5

Postby Jazz Hands » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:19 am

How is Duke not #1? That team is loaded as can be.

Wisconsin is closer to 10 than 5. OU is barely Top 25. They lost so much.
Joe DiTullio

Postby Joe DiTullio » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:01 pm

*glech
lechg31

Postby lechg31 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:54 am

Yeah I don't even know if Oklahoma will make the tournament next year.
Joe DiTullio

Postby Joe DiTullio » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Still haven't adequately answered the Duke thing g Lech.
Greg Lech #1 Fan

Postby Greg Lech #1 Fan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 am

I agree with all of Greg's top 5. I'm also glad you didn't pick UNC-CH who will be massively overrated this year.
lechg31

Postby lechg31 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:30 pm

To clarify the UK over Duke: While Duke does have better returning talent, in my opinion, that is a small part of their team. The vast majority of both teams will be comprised of new talent, something that coach Cal has proven time and again he can work through the growing pains. He just has a better track record. Sure coach K took the team to the 2015 National Championship but there was plenty of remaining talent/veteran influence on that team. This team does have Allen and Jones but Jefferson is coming back from injury so he will have to concentrate on getting himself back to form rather than elevating those around him at first. Therefore, Cal has the upper hand right now because this is his forte. Additionally, I see Malik Monk as an extremely explosive and freakish player who can take the team to the next level. On the opposite side I am unsure if Jayson Tatum can stay healthy. I also have questions about the defensive status of this team. A ton of great scorers/shooters in Allen, Kennard, Frank Jackson, etc but can the team really play defense? And who is playing second big to Jefferson? Bolden can rebound but his offensive game needs a bit of work from what I've read. Chase Jeter was probably the biggest wimp I've seen on a basketball court so I have some inside the paint questions about the team too and I'm just not ready to crown them king yet. #NotTheWarriors At the end of the day, these are the two most talented teams in the Nation and I could hear an argument for either on top but everyone seems to be hitching a ride on the Duke to Phoenix train even though there is so much talent in Lexington.

Return to “College Basketball”